Saturday, July 31, 2010

California Day 3



I'd better get this third and final trip posted from my trip to California. Yesterday I uploaded 256 more pics, that’s a good sign right there that:



a. We have been super busy
b. I’m a blogging slacker
c. I take way to many pictures.
No it could never be c, especially not with cute kids like mine ;)

Day 3


Started out with coffee and chit chat about the fun night that we all just had. I also had to get all my stuff packed up because at the end of this fun filled day I would be heading out on the red-eye back to my family.


Ahhh, Trader Joes!!! My favorite store ever, how I miss having one nearby. I picked up my favorite coffee and some chocolate covered pretzels to bring back to NY. Also some beer bread that I'm going to teach Shan to make, but that's a whole other story.




I had heard so much from Shannon about Pinkberry (frozen yogurt), so I was excited to give it a try. We had samples of the watermelon. A nice summer taste. I went with chocolate (of course) and had it topped with coconut. Yummy!!! They freshest shaved coconut that I had ever had and the raspberry that Geoff shared was also delicious and went perfectly with the chocolate. I know that I will be getting chocolate with coconut and raspberry when I go back in October, why mess with perfection :)






After taking a drive through LA our next stop was Venice Beach. I think that Veince Beach maybe one of the greatest people watching locations on the planet!






Santa Monica was our final place to visit and one of my favorites. We went to 3rd street promenade and had dinner at Barney’s Beanery. While eating outside we were able to listen and enjoy the music of some local artists including a hip hop violinist- this happens to be one of my new favorites and I just learned that there is such a thing. After dinner we walk to the pier, it was beautiful. Shan and I took a ride on the Ferris wheel, you don't get a better view than that!






And then at the end of 72 hours of great friend filled fun it was time to go home- and I was ready. As much as I feel like I’m going crazy at home I sure do love my 3 little piggyies and the big bad wolf and miss them so much when I am away from them! THANK YOU again to Shannon and Geoff for such an amazing vacation!!!!!



we went and had dinner at 3rd street promanade at Barney’s Beanery. We had some fabulous music playing during dinner and we even bought a few CD’s from the local artists.


No comments:

Post a Comment