Tuesday, July 20, 2010

California DAY ONE

Day One

Since I arrived at LAX late Thursday night we were able to get in a full day of fun on Friday. We started out driving through Bel Air, Beverly Hills, Sunset Blvd., by UCLA, and down Rodeo Dr. The roads are so cute palm trees everywhere along them just like on TV and the Beverly Hills sign was also just like on 90210!! Then we went to Hollywood Blvd to see the stars. Hollywood defiantly makes this area look fancier on TV, but I still loved it (minus the bum, he was way different, lol) We had lunch at CPK (California Pizza Kitchen), it was so yummy and made me wonder why I never went to the one in Mass. I guess that I was supposed to experience it first hand in California. I loved the HOLLYWOOD sign, it looks so pretty up in the hills! We then went to Universal City Walk. I really liked it there. Very clean, great shops and fun stuff to see. I was excited to see a Bubba Gump Restaurant even though I don’t like seafood. We enjoyed our Happy Hour at Karl Strauss, I recommend their summer ale (even though its no Sammy Summer) and there fries were yummy too! Shannon picked up some good smelling goo from LUSH so after a very busy day we had some girl time with facials and wine. I was a perfect California tourist day!




This is what happens when you kiss Shreck :)

2 comments:

  1. haha- the bum. :p

    Love the slide show~ you got some great photos!!
    Looking back it's amazing to see ALL the things we did! And your right~ without kids, I bet we did tons more than we could have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Head over to yardsandyards.blogspot.com. You won the giveaway, but I need your contact info.

    Email me at: yardsandyards@gmail.com

    Anna :)

    ReplyDelete